Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 42 - April 19, 2011 (4 days to go)

I'm having a hard time deciding on what to reflect on tonight. So let's go with how consumed social networking makes you. It's easy to turn a blind eye at the earliest or most obvious sign of addiction. Of course the first thing said could be "I'm not addicted" or "you can't get addicted to social networking". You sure can and I can definitely speak from experience on it. When I heard a story of friends who went out to dinner and their friends husband/boyfriend was on his phone all night using Facebook and other apps I was almost disgusted. I know I was bad about it but not to where I couldn't put my phone down during dinner. I see it all too often but have never thought twice about it. How annoying are we as a generation now to constantly have a phone stuck to your face? I suppose that could include texting also. I've also thought about how branding is fully taking advantage of social networking to gain your attention also. Just about every print ad, every commercial I see or hear mentions twitter or facebook, sometimes both. Its as if addiction is inevitable.

Until we meet again...

*I journal nightly before bed and am not responsible for any spelling or grammatical errors*

No status updates today.

No comments:

Post a Comment