Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 24 - April 1, 2011 (16 days to go)

Happy April Fool's Day. This day didn't start off so well. Mostly in part that yet again I woke up late but this time I was late to work. I was able to speak to Jenny today and got a little more insight on the pending funeral services. I am hoping to make it. At work I only heard of 2 pranks, both equally good. The first is one of donuts having the jelly replaced with ketchup. Only a handful were able to be pranks but they were good sports about it. The second was four of our closers at work calling in. Brilliant! Poor Res Manager was stressed but I think pissed when they all showed up to work. Of course these are things I would have been tweeting and updating to share the comedy. Yet I sent no updates today. It was overall a pretty blah day with plenty of work to keep myself busy. Which reminds me that I still need to file my taxes. I didn't even update when I got "got"! Damn Big Moon got me so good today! I would have updated like crazy with this one. He absolutely made my day. He called me from a number I didn't know and was speaking with a creepy voice. I had no clue what the hell was going on and almost hung up on him. In the end I was actually a Power 106 (Abq) winner of front row tickets to a show next month. After the week I've had he really made it better. Thank you! That was the biggest urge today. Even funnier was my friend's boyfriend heard the call on the air and was telling me about this dumb ass chick who's so clueless on the radio. he didn't know what to say when I laughed and told him it was me. After everything that's happened this week and having no social networking (except my important log in that I included in my rosary the other night) I have thought about the dependence on social networking and how communicating the "old fashioned" way is much more personal and enjoyable. The irrelevance of 90% of my updates, entertaining or not. Sure there were other urges and slight temptations today but i didn't' find it as difficult to fight it like before. What an eye opener this week has been in so many ways.

Until we meet again...

*I journal nightly before bed and am not responsible for any spelling and grammatical errors*

No comments:

Post a Comment