Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 41 - April 18, 2011 (5 days to go)

I have logged yesterday as my 40th day without social networking. However, on my calendar at work it was today. It all comes down to perception and how you count it. I am sticking to yesterday since today marks "rest day" #1. As I begin to reflect on my journey without social networking I question myself on how I've been able to stay so strong. the first thing that comes to mind is that I'm a person of my word. If I say I'm going to do something I do it, or at least make an attempt to do it. Maybe I can teach myself to do the same with going to the gym. In the best of times and in the worst of times I have questioned my words, and my strength to keep them. I have been reminded through self reflection how much people peak empty words. there are so many times I've come across people in real life, as well as on social networking, who say things just to say it. It makes me ponder how so many can speak without meaning. Wasn't it Dr. Seuss maybe, I can't recall off hand, that said "Say what you mean and mean what you say"? Perhaps I just value words to much. Call it what you want, I am me, the only person I know how to be.

Until we meet again...

*I journal nightly before bed and am not responsible for any spelling or grammatical errors*

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of u and you are so right, my mom use to always say "a man (woman) is only as good as his word!!" That has always stuck with me. Think about it; you can be down to nothing, no earthly possession at all nothing but you will still have your word!!! I love you Ne

    PS it sighed in as Tazjaa but its me:)

    ReplyDelete