Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 7 - March 15, 2011 (33 days to go)

So here I sit 7 days into Lent and I've had the most temptation yet. I'm journaling about an hour earlier than I normally do. I could really use my support right now. I'm like two double D's just swinging around with no bra. The texts have dramatically slowed while at the same time my email facebook notifications have increased. Who though it was a great idea to give up social networking without turning off the email notifications? Oh yeah, that genius was me. Here I thought I was cool because I still received certain notifications and wouldn't have to log in to see anything. Yeah not so much. #NotWinning ! Temptation was already there at work today then even worse tonight at home. In an effort to get control of it I let my children play games on my laptop for a couple hours after I got home from work. then the lovely "Magnolia Effron", whoever that may be, had to write some mysterious crap on my FB wall and make it the biggest temptation yet. So I immediately text my partner in this, Michelle. We have to stay strong for each other. I must say that with only 1 week into this I have decided this is much more difficult than the years I gave up alcohol and yes, even chocolate. I am a Leo and curiousity is really trying to kill this cat! Time to step up on my texts or get a book and read. Hmmm maybe I should just watch "Social Network". Oh did I mention yet that I haven't written down any of my would be updates since day 3? Its not helping any. OY!

Until Tomorrow...

*I journal nightly before bed and am not responsible for any spelling and grammitical errors*

No Status Updates written down today.

*edited*
So I had to come back to journal some more because I decided to publish my first week of my Lenten journal and sent the link to Michelle, Jessica and Kari. Jess had to go and bring me to tears! She has a good point and with me being so motherly by nature I am going to make it my motto! She said "Perhaps your 40 day break isn't for you BUT for others...Your words are amazing!!!"
The idea that my thought can inspire or help others is so foreign to me. I am just me and sometimes I use journaling as an escape to clear my thoughts from flying around in my head. Thanks for your words Jess.


*edited*
Found some status updates in my phone.

Status Updates:

1:27am (previous night) - this year will mark 15 years since I graduated HS. Damn I feel old now.

10:34am - You know you're getting old when someone is outside with a system and the bass is disturbing you. #STFU

6:17pm - Do you eat m&m's one by one or by the handful?

No comments:

Post a Comment