Tuesday, March 15, 2011

40 Days and 40 Nights...of NO Social Networking

With the season of Lent upon us I sat and sat the night before trying to decide what I was going to give up. Yes most were too busy out partying and celebrating the last drunken night better known as Fat Tuesday. For the past few years I have given up chocolate. I felt that was my biggest guilty pleasure. I even gave up alcohol one year. Piece of cake right. So after much joking and contemplating I decided to give up social networking. I saw several people "notify" others of their Lenten quest but I went out with no notice. I had talked about it jokingly on Facebook but never said I was actually going to give it up because at the time I felt I would be took weak to follow through for the 40 days and nights. This last minute decision is going to be quite the journey. I have literally become addicted to social networking. What person does that? Mostly Facebook and Twitter but I do still have an active MySpace account that I very rarely log into. All day long on Twitter and many hours on Facebook have been a part of my daily routine for over a year now. Wish me luck and feel free to provide any support needed during my journey of self discipline.

**edited**
I must add that I haven't posted on this blog (which I created originally to host my MySpace blogs in an effort to delete my MySpace profile) in a very long time and the last thing I posted , in November 2009, was about social networking and the laziness it has given people. Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment