Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 16 - March 24, 2011 (24 days to go)

Today was such a fun filled day! Didn't get to work as early as hoped but that's ok. I did good all day without urges or temptations until this afternoon. I got to thinking last night about how I don't pick up my phone to check twitter, out of habit, anymore after 2 weeks. Good thing I didn't say anything because I would've spoke too soon. With the time between work, running my errand and practice I came home and was watching TV when I really started thinking about it. I had about 20 minutes to spare and wasn't sitting well at all! I stared at my uberless phone for about 5 minutes. It almost felt like day 1 again. Then after practice my daughter and I took the scenic route back to my office by way of the radio station. This is where it was really tough! The BMDG's, the Power Squad and a few others were there while Crisco Kidd took the Block Party outside. Jessica supplied some food (thanks again) and everyone else provided good company and entertainment while filling me in on the array of listeners that had stopped by. Here is where it was all about fighting the temptation. Crisco asked my daughter if she wanted to go on the air with him. After she told me I took her into the studio to watch since she'd never been in there. Next thing you know they are both talking on air as he "interviewed" her in regards to her performance this weekend. It was the cutest think in the world and how could I not want to tweet and Facebook about that?! Then I took the cutest picture ever of them. My hadn't almost seriously started twitching from not being able to upload it! Even though Jess tried to encourage me I stayed strong and just text it in hopes of someone else posting it and tagging me in it (hint hint). We took a group pic ... uno, dos, tres #OnlyInNM ... and off to work I went. All I could think about was social networking! Just when I thought I finally made progress I fell 10 steps behind. *sigh* That was almost the best 30 minutes of the week, and could very well be depending on tomorrow. Even while work has slowed down I wasn't tempted but leave it to my friends in spur of the moment memories to drag me down. EFFERS! LOL Even worse was listening non-stop to my daughter go on and on all night until she went to bed. Crazy little girl. I know I had things I wanted to journal from this morning but its since become obsolete in my mind. Oops! Maybe Michelle can remind me. Oh how could I forget my few minutes at the bank? Like my sweet Molly Nu-gen reminded me, I'm such a Rockstar! Something I noticed last night is that the easier it seems to be able to go throughout the way without social networking the longer my journal entries get. Coincidence? It also seems that crazier things are happening to me forcing temptation in my face. Such as seeing _____ while driving randomly. What makes that even better is I know that he didn't see me. Although, I must admit I kind of wish he would have so I could through up the deuces! HA! Did I also mention that the longer my journal entries get the sloppier my already bad handwriting gets? I may need someone to analyze my handwriting from this "hiding under a rock" journal after my time is up. That would be very interesting!

Until tomorrow...

*I journal nightly before bed and am not responsible for spelling and grammatical errors*

Status Updates:

9:15am - Really people?! Twitter DM spam about mafia family nonsense?! This is NOT MySpace! SMH
(mobile notifications)

2:47pm - who goes into the bank but doesn't take the check to deposit? Me, that's who!

2:55pm - Is it wrong to smile & wave to the guy behind me cussing me out for not turning left at the yellow light? LOL

6:28pm - My daughter says "I bet I can do a better toe touch than Crisco!" (And she has too many friends to shout out, that's why she said no)

11:21pm - Finally its quiet. She is in bed. Crisco has created a monster! She hasn't stopped talking about him yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment