Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 17 - March 25, 2011 (23 days to go)

Talk about a rough day! Well the day itself was good but I struggled without social networking! Temptation was having a staring contest with me and I suck at that game. My only thought was that I was fighting a losing battle. It began shortly after I got to work and by the time noon decided to show its face I had checked my email on my phone at least 30 times, no exaggeration. It doesn't help that I felt like I woke up and every ounce of wit had escaped my brain. I really wonder if this is what drug addicts go through when doing detox. A few great days and think your in the clear then along comes a Mac truck and runs you over. At one point I really felt I was going to start twitching, all jokes aside. I do feel that a part of my struggles today were in part because of me being agitated by a conversation I had today. And why am I so emotional lately? I feel like Rosie from the Jetson's after getting my wires crossed. Then of course I checked the blog to check views to see if anyone actually reads it. I think I made the numbers go up by refreshing 50 times throughout the day. LOL I'm going to blame Ms. P because I knew the link was passed on to her. I can't wait to hear the feedback from her & Anthony! Of course then the stankness comes out because I know I can't log in to twitter to see. Damn I really miss them. Oh wait, her tail better not be having story time during my hiatus. Ok, back to me. The thoughts of reevaluation sat heavy with me today. The boss & I even had a conversation about it. #UnhealthyFriends *insert picture of fried egg* This is your brain, this is your brain with unhealthy friends. Oh...funny part of the day, my boss (acted like he forgot I gave up social networking) found out today and promptly asked if I was twitching! I about pee'd myself laughing. Especially since today was such a rough one. It was so bad that not even music was helping. I was even listening to NKOTB. Crazy right? Even Michelle was heaving a rough one but I think because she was off work today. I'm truly hoping that my next 3 weeks don't continue in this manner because if it does a computer might have to high five the wall. Perhaps the next rough day I have I'll give Brooklyn Grey another read. Have you read it yet? What do you mean no?! You better go cop it. #ShamelessPlug And now that I think about it, is UStream considered social networking? If no then I'm gonna be upset because that means I missed the KMR show tonight. Or is it on Sundays? Oh hell, I give up. Like I told my boss today, this whole social networking nonsense is forcing me to communicate almost like a real human being again. And with that it shows me how lazy I've gotten about that. When did it become easier and more convenient to communicate through social networking? And what genius decided it was cool to give it up for Lent? Oh wait, that was me. Even to sit down and write. And by write I mean actually get a pen and paper to write. Who does that? In case you weren't already aware, I actually journal in my notebook then blog it to share my journey. I forgot how hard real life was thanks to social networking. These first 2 1/2 weeks of my journey have definitely proved to be interesting through. Quite the experience I must admit.


Until Tomorrow...


*I journal nightly before bed and am not responsible for spelling and grammatical errors*

Status Updates:


9:15am - why was I ok until Jess made me sad?! Dammit now I'm gonna be emotional all day. Let's kidnap Crisco & not let him go.



11:20am - having MAJOR twitter withdrawls today!!!! Not cool. So rocking out to NKOTB to keep my mind off it.



1:18pm - why is my face breaking out now?! No Zelda & Agatha you are not welcome to visit me every again, go away.


1:39pm - LMFAO my boss just asked me if I had the twitches cuz he just found out I gave up social networking for Lent.


2:40pm - How did I get nominated to either have or raise the office baby?! LOL This is why I love my coworkers.


3:22pm - all this talk of chess makes me want to play! #checkmate

1 comment: