Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 2 - March 10, 2011 (38 days to go)

So this morning was a bit easier than yesterday with no social networking. Chelle & I kept each other busy and entertained with my phone conversations. Between the four different conversations going on and her random updates we stayed sidetracked enough. Unlike me, Michelle is having lots of interesting run ins with people. I should start telling her "Stranger Danger" as a reminder, like she used to tell me. I then go busy with work and throughout the day I began to write down random thoughts that I would normally tweet. Things such as "I'm lovin it" since Tish brough us McDonalds breakfast. She's kinda awesome like that. Even if she did tell me I'd wither away without Facebook or Twitter. HaHa Michelle's husband doesn't think we can last 40 days & nights without our social networks. Who is he to doubt us? Damn him! Roo even tried to tempt me with Twitter today but I stayed strong and didn't budge. Ah que ROOmeo! LOL (Yes I really wrote "lol" in my journal) I have moved teh Facebook and Twitter icons from the start screen on my iTouch and hid them on my Blackberry to help eliminate more of the temptations. Tonight I laughed for like an hour straight while talking to Kari! Did I mention that I love my friends for supporting me through my Lent detox? Thank goodness for unlimited text and free "V network" minutes. Lots more text and phone calls. I may actually have to start keeping track of my minutes for the first time since I've moved back stateside 4 years ago. I didn't check my email as much today but I think that was due to a heavy workload and practice today. Although my phone did die today at practice. Thats only happened one other time (maybe 2). I just have to keep reminding myself that I can do this! Pogo is definitely helping out as well, tons of games to keep me busy after work and after the kids are in bed. Oh, I almost forgot that I told Jessica that I gave it up for Lent. LOL (yes I really wrote it again) She had already figured but was giving me 24 hours before she sent the search party and called to check up on me. Yes! My social networking was that bad, no exaggeration when I said it was my biggest guilty pleasure.

Until tomorrow...




*I journal nightly before bed and am not responsible for spelling and grammatical errors.*

Status Updates:

9:44am - Gotta love when you've been at work 30 min and it takes 25 to reboot. Guess I'll tame the eyebrows.

9:45am - "I'm lovin' it" love McD's breakfast. I have the best coworkers!

11:59am - LOL I crack myself up...ROOmeo!

12:35pm - Who the hell asks for options when asked an open ended questions?

5:44pm - YAY *\o/* one of my girls learned the cartwheel today lol

6:07pm - Who on God's green earth foesn't eat popcorn when watching a movie!?

No comments:

Post a Comment