Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 15 - March 23, 2011 (25 days to go)

Today could've easily become quite the day from hell. Instead, interestingly enough, I took the higher road, got control of the situation and turned it around. Someone, quick, pinch me because I MUST be dreaming! What would've become yet another work related twitter rant never existed. And now that I think about it, I only wrote down one status update today. Maybe it was a somber day with all the talk of Elizabeth Taylor's passing. Or maybe it was because I know I had so much work to get finished that I didn't have the time to allow myself to rant. Even Michelle mentioned that I was awfully quiet today. Of course she didn't have many updates herself. My phone was quiet just about all day also. I received a few texts throughout the day but not enough to distract me. Speaking of distractions, I did lose focus for a few minutes at work and while trying to find it I did have the urge to log into Facebook. Old habits die hard, isn't that what they say? Oh, maybe I'm still heartbroken because I now have confirmation on 2 of the girls that quit the squad on Tuesday. Did I mention that I renamed Michelle to make up for yesterday? And I now introduce Ms. Grizzwald! HA! #grizzlylovers A smile was brought to my face when I heard from "my Samoan friend" today. Coolest dude in the world! Then at the end of what ended up being an eerily calm day I received a random text from one of my favorite twitter buddies. He wanted to check up on me since he & another one of my favorite people to follow & interact with hadn't seen me tweet in a while. As odd as it may sound, it gave me such a warm feeling to know that 2 people I've never met in person cared enough to check up on me. I know people in real life who wouldn't ever do that. So a very special thank you to the twitter timeline husband (since he tried to divorce my timeline once) and Ms. Stankness herself. Not only did he care enough to check up on me but he gave support with my lenten fast! Its people like this that I am blessed enough to get to know through social networking that make the addiction all worthwhile. Now lets not forget that I never told anyone on social networking that I was going under a rock for 40 days and 40 nights. I now have a feeling that this journey is also going to be a reevaluation of people I surround myself with. After all, as humans we do feed off those around us. Perhaps not physically but emotionally, socially and thoughtfully. As they say, birds of a feather flock together.

Until tomorrow...

*I journal nightly before bed and am not responsible for spelling and grammatical errors*

Status Updates:

9:54am - Guys in the office are talkign about bears and one of them mentioned grizzly's. #GrizzlyLovers

2:08pm - UGH! I have butterflies in my stomach & a weird feeling. Need to find a way to focus to get back to work. Maybe it's just gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment