Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 1 - March 9, 2011 (39 days to go)

Today was Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. Normally I give up chocolate or alcohol but being as how these are no longer staples in my life I didn't. I had a hard time deciding what to "give up" and in a last minute decision I decided that my biggest guilty pleasure was social networking. Not so much MySpace but Facebook and Twitter. I have become so addicted that the internet has become my reality to a certain extent.

Today was very tough with me picking up my phone (more times than I 'd like to admit) to log into Twitter. Even if just to send an update on Facebook was easier to go through the day with, until I got home that is. I had numerous things I'd "update" throughout the day but had to stay strong so I decided to journal. Michelle was a huge support for me today! Yes, I convinced her to go on this journey with me. We can do this together with each others support. I'm sure as the days go by it will get easier and easier. But to quit "cold turkey", so to speak, it's tough! Today we had a rep from NCL come for presentations at work. This guy was absolutely hilarious! Met him and Tish at Elephant Bar and damn near pee'd myself. Had great conversation, swapping stories and laughing. This truly helped me get through my first day of no social networking. Now for another day.

Until tomorrow...

*I journal nightly before bed and am not responsible for spelling and grammtical errors.*


Status Updates:

Testing...1,2....

(oh man I wish I could remember the rest)

No comments:

Post a Comment