Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sick and Tired.... (day 5)

I have sat here with this blank canvas awaiting me to create another masterpiece of a blog for about an hour now. So let's just get to it so I can take my butt to bed! I am sick and tired! No, literally! As you know (from reading and staying up to day with my journey to 5k) that I felt sick this past Sunday and that is what brought on my addition to this journey of not smoking. Again, it's not like I planned it or decided that July 1 was a nice wholesome number/day to quit smoking. Yeah yeah, back to the topic at hand. So Sunday I woke up with a sore throat and just felt ill the entire day. That passed and come Monday when it was time for the run I thought I was slick by trying to "sweat it out". Then came today... All was well as I woke up a bit sluggish but I blame that to my late night movie and staying awake watching tv until 2am. I get to work and everything is still great. Go on our mile and a half wellness walk (24 mins and some odd seconds). Then it all began. I started feeling sleepy, you know with a bad case of the yawns. As I started feeling more and more "woosy" my throat began to hurt. I immediately knew I was coming down with something and low and behold when I looked in the mirror I saw a couple tiny white patches on my tonsil. On to my Dr. appointment where he told the intern lady that he felt I needed antibiotics but gave me the choice to have a prescription or not. He then told me it wasn't Strep...yet, but tonsilitis. Yes, I can't make this up, he did actually tell me YET! So I get my meds, come home (boss said not to go back to work since we aren't sure if it's contagious or not) and read the instructions for my z-pak. It clearly states:



Well seeing as how I run at either an outdoor track or park and the wellness walks at work are around the residential neighborhood behind the office, this really puts a damper on my 5k training. I've actually upset about this because I truly am motivated to train, it is just a matter of me getting off my butt to actually get out there and do it. I even had a cute picture that I will have to save for another date now. And let's not add the side effects of the medication, that's a whole different kind of running. Moving on... Today did make my other "journey" Day 5! I feel great aside from the fact that I don't have strep yet and, ok I'll just leave it at that. I can't say that I've truly had any cravings since day 3 and I believe that was a unique situation. Being that I don't party very often hopefully I won't be in that situation often enough for it to put a serious damper on this whole sudden no smoking thing. Has anyone else noticed that my blogs have become more about not smoking than training for the 5k? I think that means I need to start training harder, once I'm feeling better and off this medication. Until then I hope that everyone else stays motivated and continues on their journey to kick some 5k ass! *fist pumps*

No comments:

Post a Comment