Thursday, July 19, 2012

Journey to 5k - birthday break

So I'm not really interested in hearing that I shouldn't be taking a break for this many days. I really did mean to blog last night though. In the meantime let's sing...

Gimme a break...Gimme a break...break me of a piece of that



I didn't run last night. I had every intention to run but it got cancelled due to the "electrical storm" in the area. By the time I got home from work it was raining pretty good and well, the last time I ran in the rain I was trying to play soccer and ended up on crutches for a month. Sprinkling? Ok I can do that but not a good steady rain. I didn't contemplate going to the gym but instead I went to the store to buy party favors and stuff for the "cake" that my daughter wants for her birthday. She can't have just a normal cake. I should've turned on my nifty app to see how far I actually walked last night between Party City and Wal Mart. But none of that is the reason I was going to blog. It actually had to do with it being Day 18 of me being a quitter. That was how long it took my office mates to find out I was no longer smoking. I truly figured they knew but didn't care enough to say anything. The only reason it came up in conversation is because we were talking about running and I mentioned how if I could just learn how to breathe correctly I could probably run for much longer. It was said that I should probably quit smoking first. HA! My response was that I hadn't smoked in 18 days, well I was on day 18. Needless to say I'm not sure anyone noticed that I was no longer taking "smoke breaks" during the day. It's all good though, they gave me a pretty good laugh.

I did go on the "wellness walk" at work yesterday and today though. So a walk of 1.5 miles is better than nothing each day right? Tonight I didn't run because tomorrow is my daughter's birthday and well, this evening is the only time I had to go shopping for her. So I went shopping, bought cupcakes, delivered them to cheer practice. Sure I could've run when I got home at 9:30pm but I will not run in the dark by myself. Sorry, I'm not looking to become a statistic.

Tomorrow I will most likely not run, Saturday I will most likely not run, Sunday I will most likely be hungover and Monday is my birthday and I will most likely not run. Yes I realize that I will be paying for it when I start up again but oh well. So there you have it. Sure I could make time to do it but I, quite honestly, refuse to wake up that early. I can barely wake up on time for work and even that's questionable most days. I really think I need to become rich so I can afford one of those superstar trainer guys that will come and force me to work out. So if anyone wondered what to get me for my birthday there you have it. They would have to only get paid when I work out though. This way if I don't do anything, they don't get paid.

Oh, before I forget. My sweet friend Molly is giving me daily eye-candy in the name of motivation. Yesterday was Nelly and today was LL Cool J. Did I mention I have his book, autographed? I've had it since he did his book signing tour and I just found out today there were words in it. Sheesh. Anyway, that is now collecting dust. Wonder who tomorrow will be. Oooo La La

1 comment:

  1. SMH... How are you going to PLAN to not run? You better get one day in dangnamit! Lol!

    ReplyDelete