Monday, July 2, 2012

Journey to 5k....Day 2

Now you may be thinking right off the bat "how can this be day 2?" I will get to that in just a moment. If you haven't read my long, boring introduction to this then go read it please. No but's....GO READ IT!

Ok now Day 2. I will save that for a little later. Today, being a Monday, is a run day. So naturally I went on the mile long wellness walk at work and was quite disappointed with our time. We were slower than usual. I mean seriously, 17:24 for a mile? I know we can do better than that. So I decided it was my Monday Motivation that made my say out loud "Let's make a goad of walking it in 15 minutes". I mean who am I kidding?

Later on in the day I got a text from Crazy Coach, as I shall refer to her from here on out, asking if I was going running with them tonight. Of course I knew if I said anything but yes I would receive a phone call taking me on a guilt trip. So I responded yes. Gotta love her staying on my butt to keep me running and motivated though. Along with all my other friends that will never let me live it down if I quit. Thanks girls...and guys.

I decided to pace my mile again, using my new runtastic application on my phone that my wonderful, still nameless, friend told me about. If you are going to run or already do, I suggest this application. I love it so much I even bought it and I rarely buy stuff like that. It will help me keep track of my progress and will even cheer me on if I allow it too.



Yes, I ran in 90 degree weather. Might I add that I believe my time would've been slightly better but the wind was working against me for half of the track as well. Naturally it decided to rain as we were driving away. Crazy mother nature.

Now are you still wondering what Day 2 is all about? Clearly this should be labeled Day 7. Well Saturday night I went and hung out at my girls house for her daughter's birthday. Being a smoker, gasp yes I am a smoker, I think that I smoked way too much the night before because Sunday I woke up feeling like poop and that later turned into a sore throat and the onset of an ear infection. So After sleeping in and taking my daughter to cheernastics I didn't really think about going outside for a smoke like I normally do. Then I came home, ate dinner, worked out, went to bed. Now there is today, Day 2. Today was my 2nd day without a cigarette at all. Yes you may now pick your body up off of the floor as I'm sure many of those that know me will be there laid out after reading my previous statement. I stayed fairly busy at work (accepting compliments and working) so I went on the wellness walk and straight back to work. Even after having my late lunch I wasn't craving one enough to break my 24 hour success. I ate dinner then did my short workout this evening and didn't have a craving still. I'm quite shocked myself. I did have a slight craving for one shortly thereafter but I went outside and enjoyed the rain instead. Now let's just see how long this will last. I have been a smoker since my late teens and have only truly quit when I was pregnant with my children, except for when I lived overseas in Turkey. It made me sick to smoke then but out of spite, after moving to Italy I started up again. Here I am 9 years later and quitting? All because I had a sore throat. Now let's remember that I didn't care even when I had strep throat last year. I still smoked away. Wish me luck on this 2nd part of my journey.

*pats self on back*

No comments:

Post a Comment