Friday, July 20, 2012

Journey to 5k ... let me be!

Man, y'all just won't let me win! I woke up this morning and even though I had the day off I didn't sleep in but an extra hour or two. Since it was still before 10am I got up and went for a quick run/walk. The birthday girl even went with me. So Ms. P, yes I did run, this was my one day. And if I want to plan not to run during the "birthday break" I will.

I only did slightly over 1.5 miles but it was better than nothing. In the course of the several laps around the park I saw a boxer, 3 huskies and some other kind of mutt. They just let us be...granted they were on leashes like good owners do when they walk their pets. Why did I mention the dogs I saw you ask? Well my friend always seems to have a run in of some sort or another with dogs. I'm beginning to thing she is scared of them and she only got one just to protect her.

Oh and some old man does get an honorable mention because naturally my head doesn't like to hold headbands. They always come off. So today, as usual, it popped off and I was just going to look for it on the next lap. I figure if someone picked it up before I came across it again then they needed it more than me. Anyhow, I saw it and my graceful self almost fell when trying to be slick and scoop it up without stopping my movement. As I was standing back up to continue the steady pace of a jog that I was doing this old man said something. Well, I had my headphones on and the music turned up so I just pressed on and ignored him even though I could see his mouth moving. Don't call me rude...I know that's what all of you are thinking. My daughter said later on that he asked her if she could out run me. I asked her if she told him yes and she said she just ignored him. That's my girl. I have taught her well and she knows not to talk to strangers.

Ok that is all for today, off to partake in birthday activities.

1 comment:

  1. I am NOT afraid of dogs although I have been chased by them many times as a child. I have never been bitten (knock on wood) but have been chased, tackled and almost licked to death by them. I actually love dogs just not when I'm being chased by them after running 2 miles. Lol. Good job on the run and get smaller sweatbands for you head. Lol.

    ReplyDelete