Friday, July 27, 2012

Journey to 5k - Bart Simpson style



So I didn't run today. I know, what a let down to all my readers. Please don't be so sad that you want to go and slit your wrists because I'm such a let down. I did, however, go on the wellness walk today at work and we were closer to shaving off another minute from our time. Close, but no cigar. While I did take my gym bag to work, which included shorts and capris I might add, it just wasn't in the stars for me. I would really like to make it into the gym to see how I do with some strength training but I'm not sure when and if that will ever happen. I truly have zero discipline with this entire work out thing. I am more consistent than I've been since we stopped going to the gym at lunch a couple year ago though. My intentions after work were to wait another hour for it to cool down outside, because I'm not a fan of heat stroke, then go for a run at the park. Then I got suckered into watching the Olympic opening ceremonies. Before I knew it, it was dark outside and I'm not a fan of getting kidnapped either. Sorry people, I really do not have a death wish. At that point I was no longer motivated either. Hopefully I will make some progress tomorrow and Sunday. Wishful thinking I know.

One thing I have been consistent with is my quitting smoking. It is still very strange to me. I have now been 27 days smoke free. I guess I do have discipline in something after all. There are still some days that feel like I have smoked a cigarette. Or I will wake up with the taste of one in my mouth. Gross, I know, but at least I'm being honest with myself. I haven't noticed much with improved taste and smell but maybe that is just me. Did I mention that another friend decided to quit smoking also? I have heard stories about her quitting and being Satan but thankfully I haven't encountered that. I'm proud of her though. She was there on the 3rd day when I struggled big time and I was ready to tackle her and steal her pack of cigarettes. We're behind you girl! If I can do it, anyone can!

There, I hope you are all happy that I blogged even though I didn't do squat worth blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment