Thursday, July 5, 2012

Journey to Slackerville...

***HOLY GUACAMOLE! I should've just deleted and re-wrote this post because editing this into a readable/understandable format was tough! Someone remind me to never post from my phone again.***



Welcome to Slackerville! Population 1.

What is there to say when the title speaks for itself? I have added another tally on the board for slacking. How sad is it that I've slacked just about as equally as I've "worked out"? I really need someone to take my lighter and hold it under my tail to keep me going. I can make the excuse that it was the 4th of July but I literally just slacked off. My only true saving grace is the wellness walks at work. Thank goodness for those. Hopefully I can make it the rest of the week and actually get some more running in. I have under 2 months until my first 5k ever and at this point I still can't even run 1 full lap nonstop. I better get serious about this. Time to pack up and move out of Slackerville!

On a positive note, I'm all the way through day 4 without smoking. Its strange though, I woke up today feeling as if I smoked like a train last night. Not quite as bad as Sunday when I began this smoke-free journey but still enough to notice. Perhaps it was the smoke from the fireworks or the 2nd hand smoke. I had only a few cravings today but nothing like last night. I feel pretty good overall but I'm waiting for some sort of mood swings to kick in. I'm eventually going to run out of ways to keep myself busy so I hope the cravings pass sooner than later. One thing I do find strange is I don't have the problem that is most publicized in quitting smoking. You know, the hand to mouth or something having to be in the mouth need. I'm really OK with that part of it, its just the actual craving of it. I still carry an unfinished pack in my purse. Now before you ask, I've made this into a mind over matter challenge. If i have the access to it but choose not to then it's less of a challenge for me. Whereas, if I get rid of it then its become a challenge and I'm more suseptible to seeking whatever it is that can't have. Smart right?

OK this concludes day 4. Since I'm updating from my stupid touchscreen phone I will edit the errors of spelling and grammar from a computer in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment