Sunday, July 8, 2012

1 week and counting

Being that I was sick, I haven't worked out or ran (except to the bathroom) in the least bit. I really do miss it. I truly wanted to not push it while being sick because I need my health to be great while I really begin to train for the upcoming runs. Tomorrow is my last day of medication and tomorrow is a run day and they are supposed to have firefighters there to help the girls with conditioning. I hope they are good looking firefighters! I'm hoping to get back into the routine tonight. We shall see how that goes. It has been too many days since I've done anything and I need to fix that! Now on to the real reason I am actually posting today. It has been 1 week since I've been smoke-free! *throws confetti* Today is day 8 and I must admit that I actually feel great. I was a bit unsure of last night since I was having some wine at a birthday party but since there were no other smokers at the party I wasn't tempted and I only had a slight craving. I am quite proud of myself for this accomplishment. The biggest changes I have noticed in this one week are: *I wake up easier *No more coughing up phlem *Not as tired throughout the day *My mouth feels cleaner throughout the day *I feel younger Now this is only after 1 week and I'm sure these aren't typical throughout people who quit smoking but I do feel a difference. I can't say that this is for good that I have quit but I can say that I did it without planning to do it and I feel that this is why it has been easier to stick with it this first week. I have quit before (mainly when I was pregnant with my children) but I also restarted again as well. I would love to maintain a smoke-free life but I am taking this one day at a time. If I can maintain a smoke-free lifestyle until these runs I feel that I will improve my times and be able to continue to stay smoke-free. However, in the meantime I will continue to concentrate on my working out and running first and foremost. Let's everyone celebrate with a piece of chocolate cake. ps. Funniest thing about it all is that my daughter used to hound me about quitting and to always quit on my birthday and that's what she wanted for her birthday blah blah blah. Here we are 1 week of not smoking and I don't think she's even noticed. Little brat!

No comments:

Post a Comment