Sunday, July 15, 2012

Journey to 5k and 2 weeks & counting

Let me just start of by saying:



I couldn't have picked a better way to begin this entry. I have absolutely had 100% zero motivation the past week. Let's have a brief recap: Monday - cheer run cancelled (I ran 5k for timing on my own) Tuesday - not a darn thing Wednesday - ran about 1 3/4 miles at track. Ok walked. I didn't run very much for it to even count because I was just flat out lazy. Thursday - not a darn thing Friday - not a darn thing Saturday - ok let's start with yesterday

Saturday...So Friday evening I think it was that I received a text message from my nephew asking why I haven't updated the blog. Well the only way I could respond was by saying because I haven't done anything for me to update it. HA! So this leads us to Saturday. Yes I meant to update yesterday but you know what...I was busy so just deal with it.

So Saturday I slept in a bit and after waking up I decided I was going to go for a quick run. When I say quick I literally mean quick because it was 11am and already hot outside. So to the park I go. I set my nifty phone application back to miles and to running. I wanted to find the actual distance I run vs. the distance that is marked by a sign. Apparently not running literally around (on the outskirts) of the park cuts you down by almost 2/10 of a mile. Very crazy! This explains why I felt like I did a million laps on Monday when I was trying to time my 5k. It's a bunch of BS if you ask me. Guess I will have to just add to my laps because the hell if I'm running next to a chainlink fence for a part of it. For those that have seen me at my best know that is not a good combination. So anyway, I do my several laps, slightly over a mile, and come home to stretch out my warm muscles really good. Needless to say I'm sweaty like a fat kid running after the ice cream truck in Las Vegas, NV during the month of July wearing a sauna suit. Yes, that bad. I rinse my face with cool water, dry off then proceed to stretch. Drip drip drip...no that isn't a leaky faucet but my sweat. Gross right? So my son gets home from his practice and this is how our conversation went: Him- ewww what is that? Me - Sweat! Him: It looks like water. Me - Ok then give me a hug. I proceed to chase after him throughout the house to collect this hug. Remember the saying a few entries ago? Sweat is just your fat crying. Yeah well one of my fat cells must've died because the others were crying like it was a funeral. Someone remind me again to not try to run during the middle of the day. I need to keep it to early morning or late evening. Ok so late evening because we all know I'm not getting up early, much less to run. So there JJ, I ran, I blogged...happy now? :-)

Saturday also marked day 14! Now it wasn't technically 2 weeks because I technically quit on a Sunday but it was also the 1st of July. Strange how things like that work. Regardless day 15 is now coming to a close and I can absolutely say that I have been smoke-free for 2 weeks now. *confetti explosion* What's even better is that I realized that I am not being a replacement quitter. Normally people apparently replace with food, but I haven't truly changed anything as far as that goes. Actually I snack less at work which is a good thing. I also did well last night at a birthday party. I thought I would struggle again like on day 3 but I did pretty well. If it wasn't such a smug action I would seriously pat myself on the back. I was able to sit there, have a glass of wine, great conversation and be ok while others chain smoked. It didn't bother me and I really didn't crave one.

Ok sidenote, for those that don't understand the *confetti explosion* reference you are missing out. Just google the Jordan Knight (yes from NKOTB) Old Navy ad or search it on youtube. You can thank me later.

So who would have ever thought that I would have quit smoking and lasted 2 weeks? This is coming from the person that would always say "why would I want to quit?" Now if I could just keep up the habit of working out (running) while I keep up the habit of not smoking. That would be wonderful!



Let's not talk about my pilates video that I was keeping up with. Yes, that is back on the shelf collecting dust. Perhaps I will pull it back out again sooner rather than later. I really do enjoy doing that video but I lost the motivation for that. Yes, this is why I need someone to make sure I do things because I will become so lazy. I foresee lots of exclamation marks in my future for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment