Saturday, August 4, 2012

Journey to 5k - Goal Achieved!!!!!!



Yes, it is time to celebrate. I was just talking about my personal goal that I had for a 15 minute walking mile during our wellness walks at work. As you can imagine, we are celebrating because not only did I meet that goal, but I surpassed it by almost 30 seconds!

So let's go over how this happened. Being that our wellness walk coordinator was out all week and today there were meetings so not everyone could go, I was basically leading the walk today. We all know the route we take and how much time it takes to walk it suffiently for work. So we also know who are the regular walkers and to ask them if they are going. So today we have Fast Frieda walking with us. Now I was already told that Fast Frieda is a super fast walker. I had seen it before but I didn't keep the same pace as her. Today being that there were only 4 of us, we all decided to attempt to keep up with Fast Frieda. The pace we were walking was that questionable one where you can either walk at the speed of light or do a very slow jog. I only had to job a couple times to keep up the pace when I'd fall behind so that itself was an accomplishment. I had already warned her that I was NOT jogging to keep up. With the heat and humidity it was a definite that I would be working up a sweat so thank goodness I remembered my gym bag so I could change my shirt before hand. By the time the nifty phone application told us we hit 1 mile we were already talking about how we knew we passed the mile but the lady was late in talking to us with her British accent. We get back to the office and look to stop our application to save and upload and this is what we see.





Yes folks, 1 mile in 14 minutes and 37 seconds. I'm not sure that I'd ever be able to do it again but I know it can be done and I did it! Fast Frieda then offered to walk more often to push me to walk faster. She is off next week so I get a slight break but after that she is going to set my pace. Of course this could be punishment for me telling her "I deserved McDonald's for lunch today since I damn near ran with her earlier in the day". HA!

I didn't run or walk this evening like I wanted to but then again I also wanted to go buy my children school supplies and I didn't get that done either.

I did have a craving for a cigarette tonight though. It was very weird. I think it was one of those habit things at night where my mom and I used to go out and have that last cigarette of the night together. I resisted but I really would've enjoyed one. Of course I didn't have one, instead I sat inside on the couch playing on Twitter. After 34 days I have no plans of caving now. Perhaps I've just become too comfortable now where I think I can have 1 every now and again. I would really NOT like to find out.

So as everyone is aware, the Olympics are one. Today was the first day of Track & Field. In watching some of the running (track) events a comment was made for me to watch how they run. My only response was "Well that's for sure not what I look like when I run." A slight giggle followed and that was that. So is it just me or does anyelse else ever feel like this?



I'd really like to thank those that read daily or even weekly for supporting me in these ventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment