Thursday, August 30, 2012

Color Run...more

So when I originally blogged on The Color Run it was late and forgot a few things. Did I mention how much fun we had that morning? I'm not particularly a fan of waking up early as you all have hopefully read in my previous blog posts, however, that was one of the few things that I will enjoy waking early for. So before I forget or go off on a tangent let me get to what I forgot in my previous post.



1. Even though the color powder is made of dyed corn starch it WILL stain you. Especially the blue and the pink. Now mind you after the color party in the Plaza we went to eat lunch. As you can see above I had more than just a speck of color on my face when we left the Plaza. I tried to wash off the color from my face at the restaurant but it wasn't enough. When I got home I had to wash my hair 3 times and the rest of me the same. It was the longest, craziest shower ever. That was the theme of the day I guess. Anyway, after all that washing and scrubbing I still looked like I had rosacea. My cheek (yes, only one) was dyed pink for 2 days. I ended up washing my face about 5 times throughout that day. Then the next day when I went to take a shower I took my hair down (it was in a pony tail) and noticed a big blue spot on my scalp. I have no idea how I missed it before but thankfully it came off then. Absolutely crazy!

2. Fanny packs don't necessarily stay on the fanny. Now before you laugh too much or question if we are in fact in the year 2012, hear me out. I have a friend that shall remain nameless that has gone on and on about wanting a fanny pack for the past 62 days. So when I saw them at packet pick up I knew I had to get her one. In the meantime I picked one up for myself because I did need something to carry my keys, phone, etc and I was not wanting to carry a backpack. So since I was already going to get one for my friend, I figure why not pick one up for myself? (you can see me wearing it in my previous post) So I did. It was the perfect size to hold my phone, my camera, my keys, my color packet and a couple other things. Note to my friend: the zipper worked great too! So when the actual run began I decided I will start out by running then walk as necessary since I'm still not able to run as far as I'd like to. And by run, I really mean slow jog. So when we started I decided I would turn the fanny pack around so it was literally on my fanny. This didn't last long. With each step it bounced itself all the way around back to the front. So naturally I would slide it back around to my backside and again with each step it would bounce itself around. Within the first 5 minutes I had moved this fanny pack 3 times to the back and 3 times it bounced itself around to the front. I had to laugh! I eventually gave up because in the end it was more convenient to have it in the front. With as much as I was opening and closing this fanny pack to get my phone or my camera it became a lost cause to continue to fight with it. So with that being said I feel that the name Fanny Pack is not a valid name. I am open to suggestions as I don't have any wit this evening.

Next up is the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k. Remember, I have not lost my mind (or any weight) so I will only be participating in the 5k part of this event. Until then, I will update as usual.

1 comment:

  1. Um, why would you want to wear it in the back? Who does that? It's suppose to sit in the front. LMAO!

    ReplyDelete