Friday, February 1, 2013

Insanity Day 5 - 7 Month Anniversary



Yes, as a matter of face we are going to celebrate first today! Cake first, workout later. Sounds like a great plan to me! Besides...I LOVE CAKE! (that will NEVER get old) Today makes 7 months since I quit smoking. Wow, time flies! Then again, so the scale needle when I stand on it. For those that haven't been with me throughout that journey, I quit smoking without even planning on it. June 30th was the last day that I smoked a cigarette. I'm sure it was after midnight but I didn't sleep yet so whatever, don't judge me. In the last 7 months I have been smoke-free, ran 2 5k's, gained a crap load of weight, stopped running, and now started Insanity. So let's everyone take a moment to celebrate with in my achieving this. I appreciate all the support I received in the early months so Thank You to all that supported me and kept me motivated to continue my smoke-free lifestyle.

Now, on to the other stuff...



Yes, I do believe that those that are trying to keep me motivated to continue with this Insanity nonsense are highly over optimistic. I mean seriously though. Even the Workout Queen told me that Insanity is an extreme workout to begin for someone who hasn't worked out. Although, Running Regina seems to think that I can accomplish this. I say they are all crazy!

Now before you say anything, yes, I did complete Day 5 tonight. Of course this almost didn't happen because life was trying to get in the way. I worked late, picked up dinner, came home and my baby was still feeling and looking like crap. Poor thing. So I feed everyone, call the Dr. and wait to see if I need to take her in. So in the meantime 30 minutes is passing by, I haven't eaten, I haven't worked out and before I know it it is almost 9pm. So my daughter has the nasty flu that is going around, I worked out, I ate and here I am now. And...as much as I hate to admit it, I actually liked tonights workout. No, I didn't complete the whole thing. Yes, I still had my moments of standing there with my arms over my head to catch my breath. Yes, I had my moments of my legs feeling like jello. I feel that I can honestly say that of all the workouts I've done so far, Pure Cardio is my favorite. What does this mean? What kind of nonsense is this? I must clearly be under the influence of something to be saying these absurd things.

Although my diet is still not good, I do feel that I can do more and more of certain exercises. Even if it is just 1 or 2 more reps. I don't feel that I've lost any weight and I'm not sure I am going to since I can't get control of my diet. I just love to eat. Of course, waiting to eat dinner until after my workout does help somewhat. Even though I eat all my food, I do start to feel sick after I eat. I'm hoping that eventually I will learn to stop eating crap! Once I am able to meet with Beautiful Betty I will have more of a plan. I was even thinking tonight that tonight would have been a great night to just have a shake for dinner. It was late and I had no business eating what I did. No, I will not tell you what I had for dinner so don't even think about it. I did add it to my food journal and yes I am going over in my recommended calorie count nightly. OF course there isn't a way to define my workouts so I just try to pick which might best cover it.

Ok I must call it a night because I have to get up in 7 hours to be at a Gravity Fit class at 8am. Oddly enough, I'm super excited to go to this despite the time of day. I will report tomorrow all about it so most likely I will have 2 entries tomorrow depending on how busy my day becomes. Wish me luck! Day 5 down, Only 55 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment