Monday, February 11, 2013

Insanity - Day 12, 13, 14, 15



Yes, I know it has been a while since I've blogged. Of course, just because I haven't blogged doesn't mean I'm not doing this dumb Insanity video. And I say dumb in a loving manner. *note the sarcasm*

Day 12 - Friday
This was a really rough day for me. Between work, an extra practice before competition (cheer) and back to work I was super stressed out to the point where I was feeling defeated. It is hard for me to admit that but just so you can get an idea as to how I was feeling. I'm just thankful that I have a boss who let's me vent while at least looking like he is interested or listening to what I'm saying. Anyway, after retrieving my daughter I decided that I needed to bail on the workout and go have some adult conversation over a couple drinks and dinner. So basically, I used Friday night as my rest day and it was the best decision I've made in a long time. At least that is how I was feeling until Saturday came.

Day 13 - Saturday
So I got up and didn't have to go sit outside and freeze my butt off at a soccer tournament this day since my son was sick. So instead I rolled out of bed and started laundry. Then I figured I will get my workout (friday's workout)done early since we had competition in the afternoon/early evening. Did I mention that I hadn't eaten yet? This was the hardest workout since I started. I felt so weak and like I was unable to complete any part of the video. I sat down more than I ever have since I began this video. Huge difference of trying to do Insanity on an empty stomach versus at the end of the day when you are tired. I literally felt like I was going to fall out 10 minutes into the video. Yes, that is about when the warm-up is finishing. Now let me add that after the competition my knee was so stiff that it hurt to walk much less move it.



Day 14 - Sunday
Normally this is my rest day, however, since I took Friday night off to have some adult time I am having to workout today. What a long weekend! Today I also had to go and freeze my tail off since my son was feeling well enough to attempt to participate in the soccer tourney, which of course didn't help my knee feel any better. I once heard that you burn calories when you are cold because the body is trying to keep warm. If this is the case then I should've lost 10 pounds while sitting outside watching the first game. Anyway, I came home tired and naturally didn't want to work out. So I ate pizza instead. Yes, before you think about lecturing me I did work out after. Of course I did wait about an hour and a half after I ate before I worked out. This was my first "double work out" also. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I was a little scared and boy did I have reason. I like the pure cardio video but that cardio abs is no joke. Just holding position without doing crunches or sit ups is hard.



Day 15 - Monday (today)
So today I weighed myself again. I am down a total of 2 pounds since I began Insanity and this weight loss challenge. I shouldn't complain since it is better than losing zero pounds or gaining any pounds. Today was also Fit Test day. OH Boy! So straight to the fit test we go. As I was doing the warm up it felt different. Being that the warm up is pretty much the same in every video I found it odd. My knee was feeling ok since attempting to do the workout last night. Must be the weather aggrivating it. Anyway overall, I improved on everything on the fit test. Only because I pushed myself as much as I could to do better than the first day. The first workout (kick something or another) I had to do twice since my daughter who was supposed to help me count did it wrong. Either way I didn't improve on that one, I actually did less. Everything else I made sure I improved. We'll see how sore I am tomorrow. Stay tuned......

3 comments:

  1. Here are 3 kick-butt bodyweight exercises you can do to burn fat,
    stay energized, and avoid overeating.

    Bodyweight exercises help you burn fat shockingly fast, without any
    fancy equipment.

    1) Any Single-Leg Exercise
    The pistol (single-leg squat to the floor) is the most advanced
    1-leg exercise. But you can also do assisted single-leg squats with
    a band, or onto a bench, or even with a Stability Ball between your
    back and the wall.

    If you aren't ready for single-leg squats, you can use Bulgarian
    Split Squats, Reverse Lunges, regular split squats, or lying 1-leg
    hip bridges if you are a beginner.

    2) Decline Push-ups
    These are harder than normal pushups, thanks to your elevated feet.
    And in this position, you can still use a close-grip to fatigue
    your triceps, a "piked-hip position" to build your shoulders, or
    even the Spiderman leg motion to work on your abs.

    3) Bodyweight Inverted Rows
    I choose these over chinups and pullups because bodyweight rows let
    your chest rest, while your back is strengthened. It's the perfect
    compliment to a pushup.

    Do 8-12 repetitions per exercise. Don't rest between exercises. Go
    through the circuit up to 3 times, resting 1 minute after each
    circuit.

    For a once-per-month challenge, do each exercise to failure in your
    final round through the circuit.

    Get your very own copy of Turbulence Training & the Nutrition Guide here: ===> 3 Best Bodyweight Exercises for At Home Workouts <=====

    Get in shape for summer fast with Turbulence Training,

    Craig Ballantyne, CTT
    Certified Turbulence Trainer
    Author, Turbulence Training

    PS - Cut your workout and enjoy more time OUT of the gym...

    "Turbulence Training is phenomenal, Craig's system has taught me
    more about bodyweight exercises than I knew was possible. Also
    with a busy life style he offers exercises that you can do
    anywhere, anytime with little to no equipment. It is affordable
    and worthwhile. Thanks Craig."
    Darren Motuz, Winnipeg Manitoba

    Get your very own copy of Turbulence Training & the Nutrition Guide here: ===> Fast fat loss workouts... <=====

    "The dumbbell and bodyweight workouts are perfect for the small
    amount of exercise equipment I have at home, and I no longer regret
    not having a membership to a gym. Getting the best results I've
    ever had. Thanks again!"
    Tylor McEchren

    ReplyDelete