Friday, February 15, 2013

Insanity - Day 16, 17, 18 plus Gravity Fit



click on the picture to make it bigger so you can read it.

That is how I feel every day that I attempt to do Insanity so far.

OK I'm not going to try to be cute like with my last "Catch up" blog. It is 11:09pm on a friday night and I have yet another early Saturday ahead of me. So here we go...

I last left you Monday Night after Day 15 with my fit or should we say unfit test.

Tuesday - Gravity Fit (no Insanity)
I decided against doubling up my workouts tonight like I did the first day I attended Gravity Fit. Gravity Fit is enough of a workout on it's own. Believe me when I say that I felt more out of shape this class than the first one. We did a different workout which is kinda cool so we don't expect the same thing every class. We were working abs tonight. Boy did we work them. Holy moly! Less jumping, more balance, core control. Of course, what is a gravity fit class without Grace making an appearance? (Backstory: I'm just graceful like that, remember the pit from hell?) So we are about half way through class where we line up and jump across the trampolines. I'm going and I'm going and then my foot gets caught under the mat and SPLAT! I literally face planted on the trampoline and bounced a few times. I looked up and saw the instructor watching me. As I'm getting up she, in her microphone thing, tells me "It's ok, get up and keep trying". WTH! I just said screw it and walked down the side on the mats. Of course Jumping Josephina also twisted her ankle at some point because she was limping as well. At the end of class we had the "relay/triatholon" again. When the instructor mentioned the pit from hell I wanted to go kick her in the shin. But I decided that I can do it. Ok....wait....let me backtrack a bit. At home I announced that I was going to Gravity Fit and for the kids to get to bed early. (The class is from 9-10pm) My son tells me "on not in, Mom!" I was like what? He says "On the foam not in it!" Then he proceeds to laugh hysterically at me. He even stood on the couch to demonstrate for me how to jump into the pit from hell. That dang brat! Yes, I laughed. Ok now back to my story, I decided I could do it and gently dove on top of the foam in a belly flopping manner. I "swam" about half way and decided it was good enough for tonight and went back to get out. Did I mention I asked Jumping Josephina to stay with me in case I needed help? I'm so lame! HAHA! It was still quite the workout. I believe I forgot to mention that Running Regina tweeted me a picture of the pit from hell. What a nice friend huh? Please note the sarcasm.



Wednesday Day 16
So I'm a day behind on my Insanity schedule now but there was no way I would be able to handle back to back workouts again. I thought I was going to die last Saturday when I tried that. Tonight was the dumb polymetric cardio circuit which is a fancy way of saying interval training. This is my least favorite workout I believe. But then again there are parts of it that I do like. I did it, moving on. Just kidding, I have to recap after last night's Gravity Fit. My knee was sooooooooooo sore today. Much like Saturday after the cheer competition. It was stiff and hurt a lot to move it. Once it was in motion I was fine but it was getting it in motion that was painful. My obliques were quite sore as well. That Gravity Fit is no joke! I felt more sore from that than from Cardio Abs with Insanity. I love it though. I can't wait for my next class. I probably looked like a mummy today trying to walk around.

Thursday Day 17
I will remain behind on the Insanity schedule now since I plan on attending Gravity Fit more often (weekly). And I will take my rest day on Sundays still. My knee was feeling better but my sides were still quite tender. Tonight was pure cardio and cardio abs. Go figure! I did feel that I was able to hang more with the group on the Cardio Abs thanks to Tuesday night's gravity fit class. Didn't leave me sore, or should I say any more sore so I guess that is a good thing. It's strange how now I feel like I didn't workout good enough if I'm not sore the next day. This pure cardio was rough on me. I had to rest a lot tonight because I was either tired or more out of shape or something. But I tried and that is all that matters right? Being that I almost didn't do a video last night is huge because here I am again. I wouldn't say addicted but more determined.

Friday (tonight) Day 18
Tonight was cardio recovery. Screw this "rest" day from cardio. I say that in a loving manner, NOT! Sure, we are not doing cardio but the workout still makes me break out into a sweat. It is definitely no joke. Tonight after work I was talking with my boss about working out and losing weight and how this challenge just doesn't have anyone very motivated. This turned us into talking about "being ready for change". Last year Runing Regina and another friend were trying to convince me to workout and my response was always "I'm good. I'll eat what I want, when I want and I will continue to smoke too." Now look at me. I haven't smoked in almost 8 months and I'm working out religiously. I guess I was finally ready for that change. Much like you can't force someone into rehab, they have to want it in order for it to be effective. I just hope that even though I'm not losing much weight (I believe I put back on the 2lbs I lost then lost 1lb) that I will be more fit and look better. I am also working on cutting back instead of cutting out, as far as food goes.

So all in all, not much to update as far as Insanity goes but I did need to catch up. I'm sure I had more to say each night but I've been working out super late and then crashing right away. Hopefully I will get my crap together and start blogging nightly again so I am more entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment