Monday, February 4, 2013

Insanity Day 8



That is definitely what I felt like doing tonight instead of working out. After a busy day at work, a tense cheer practice and coming home to a sick kid...working out was not high on my to-do list. We ate dinner early and then I remembered that I still needed to workout. Since I ate I knew that I needed to wait at least an hour and a half before working out so I didn't upchuck my dinner. Speaking of, this eating less and what not is so hard to do. I think this may be a harder task to change my eating habits than trying to do more and more of the Insanity video. Willpower and just knowing when to stop are my biggest enemies. Even if I'm eating healthy, such as a salad or fruit or whatever else I may have that is healthy I just don't know when to stop.

I did test drive the Body by Vi today. I didn't care much for the chalky powdery taste but it wasn't too bad. I'm fairly certain that any shake I try will be like this. I mixed it with juice instead of water or milk. I do have another sample that I'm going to test drive again tomorrow. All thanks to Running Regina. I didn't really notice any difference in myself today but as with anything I'm sure it will take more than one try to notice anything. I really wish I had some samples of the shakeology to test drive. Last week I kept leaning towards shakeology but now I'm not leaning towards anything. At this rate I should just try slim fast. I will save money, it tastes great and as with any shake, if I replace 2 meals per day I'm going to lose weight.

Yeah yeah, back to the workout. Oh wait, before I forget - I received a text from the Workout Queen today telling me that she jumped into Insanity week 2 to complete it with me. She also said I should go back on Facebook so she can motivate me but I'll pass on that one. That reminds me, I do need to reply to her text from hours ago. Oops.. So anyway, tonight wasn't so bad. Yes, it was tough and yes I did struggle and yes I did sweat like I was sitting in a sauna in the middle of the Middle East for 5 hours but I feel that overall I did fairly well. I'm sure I wasn't able to complete as much as I think I did but it felt like it to me and I'm ok with that. Of course, nothing will be as bad as my workout after Gravity Fit. I really should've thought about this schedule and my day of rest better. Oh well, I loved gravity fit and will register again for this coming weekend. Hopefully there are still spots left. I am going to pay for the monthly membership instead of the drop in rate because in the end I will be saving money and since I really like the class I feel it will be worth it.

Do you see a trend here? I keep avoiding tonights workout. In the end, I did it. I feel good right now and don't feel as though I will be sore tomorrow which is almost a let down because then I feel like my workout wasn't enough. I think I may feel so good because yesterday was my day of rest. Hence, no blog. I did, however, get a workout walking around the PIT and up and down the stairs several times (being that we were in row 34 which is near the bottom) when I took my boy to watch the Harlem Globetrotters. I should log that in my devil of a food journal thing. HAHA! I can log that, laundry, housework, yardwork, etc. LAME!

Alright folks, time to go tend to the sick kid and dream of a massage. I can really use one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment