Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gravity Fit vs Insanity Day 6

I don't even know how to begin with this one. I will say that in the Gravity Fit vs Insanity Day 6 battle, Gravity Fit wins. Granted I was so exhausted from Gravity Fit still that when I attempted to do Insanity I was so weak that I think I did worse than the first time I did this video on day 2.

So let's talk about Gravity Fit.



I was oddly excited about this class even though I knew it was going to kick my butt and the major fact that it began at 8am...on a Saturday. Anyway, I woke up easier than I do when it's a work day. Anyway, I pick up my friend who we shall refer to as Jumping Josephina. We head over to the facility and fill out our waivers. Running Regina was already there and on her trampoline square waiting for the class to begin. Did I mention there were a bunch of people there? Yeah, I think it was a full class. So Jumping Josephina and I ended up sharing a long trampoline. From this point on I proceeded to sweat and gasp for air. This was probably the funnest aerobic/cardio/cross-fit class I've ever been to! I had so much fun! Of course there was the one part of the class that wasn't so much fun. I'm sure you don't want to hear about all the fun, jumping, etc so I will tell you about the funniest (not for me) part of the class. Yes, I don't mind everyone laughing at my expense because I can only imagine how it really looked.

During the last about 15 minutes of class we were doing a "triatholon" so to speak. So I go to my assigned station and do my trampoline suicide drills. Not like Insanity suicide drills, but like soccer suicide drills. Anyway, after that my next station was suicides on the hard floor. Then came the "jump". There is a part of Gravity Park that has 2 long trampolines that you can jump into a foam pit from. I was unsure on what to do so I asked the instructor. She advised to go to the end and jump in, then we "swim" to the back wall and "swim" back to get out of the pit. So I skip hop down the trampoline and when I reach the end, I take a big jump and into the foam pit I go. So I start trying to "swim" to the back wall. Everyone that was already in the pit made it look like a piece of cake. Yeah, not so much. It was like trying to eat yogurt with a fork. It just isn't happening! So I try and try and the more I tried the further down I sunk. I wasn't going anywhere. I seriously felt like I was trying to swim in quicksand. Yes, poor me! I finally make it half way and decide that was as far as I was going to make it. Then I see Running Regina (who was part of the group that was a station behind me) jump in, swim to the wall then swim back and out she goes to the next station. Finally I asked another lady how the heck she was doing it. She told me she was raising her knees really high. The instructor even tried to motivate me (I'm sure she really meant for me to hurry up and get the eff outta there) by telling me to use high knees. By the time I finally struggled my way to the edge of the floor I was so exhausted it took me a couple more minutes to climb out. I step to the side, hold onto the rail and try to catch my breath. As I walked to my water, a guy (employee) that was watching couldn't even look at me. I'm sure he was trying to contain his laughter. Of course, I find out later that I just looked so defeated. Jumping Josephina told me that my face was so red and I was dripping sweat, while the look on my face was so sad...as if I were about to cry. POOR ME!

Needless to say I was done at at that point. Thank goodness this was the end of the class. Even though I had that moment I still love the class itself. I definitely want to return again next saturday. SO MUCH FUN!

Now, onto Insanity Day 6.



After Gravity Fit I was so hype and motivated. I loved it! Normally I crash after I workout so it's easier for me to workout at night. On the drive home from taking my kids to soccer and cheer I was starting to crash. This was 4 hours after the class ended. So I came home, rested a bit, ate a couple scrambled eggs. Around 3pm I finally was going to do Insanity. Today was the same video as day 2 (polymetric nonsense). So I begin the warm up and lose my breath right away. The furter into the video I got, the more breaks I had to take. I was just too exhausted but I didn't want to just completely stop. So I tried to do what I could. My legs were mush, my lungs were not cooperating, it was hot as ever because the sun was up and it was a decent day today so I was sweating like crazy. Yes, basically I felt like everything was working against me. I think I did this video better the first time I did it and I only did about half of it then. I am going to have to figure something out because if I continue to do Gravity Fit I will always have 2 workouts on Saturdays. Either way, I did it and that was all she wrote.



Sidenote: I went to a "muscle" store to get a blender bottle (shake bottle) and ended up asking about recover and meal replacement shakes. I was ready to purchase some protein shake stuff but their credit card machine was down. So I left, I didn't have any cash on me at the moment. So for comparison I went to another nurition store and get told something completely different. The stuff the guy was trying to sell me I've tried before and I didn't feel that it worked. In the end I didn't buy anything, not even the blender bottle I wanted. I have a lot to think about and compare. I did receive a couple samples today though. Running Regina brought me a couple samples of the Body by Vi, I received some curb your appetite with caffine samples from the muscle store and I tried some small (mini dixie cup) samples at the nutrition store.

Ok I'm super exhausted still and am going to finally crash and hopefully sleep in on my rest day. Rest day, Ha! What a joke, this means it is my cleaning and laundry day. Thanks for reading. 6 days down, 54 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment