Thursday, January 31, 2013

Insanity Day 4

*Warning: contains adult language*

Cardio Recovery huh? I call BS! That is just a play on words for really meaning we are going to make you sore in all the other places you aren't sore yet by making you sit in postitions that you have no business sitting in. Yes, straight to business today.

Ok ok, twist my arm some more why don't you? I will tell you about my day. Like I predicted last night my calves were super sore today. It hurt just to straighten my legs completely. Walking was a whole other story. Of course as the day went on the soreness began to fade but not completely. I guess this is my new normal. This morning I was forewarned about tonights workout. That just because it is supposed to be just stretching it is still quite the workout. Yeah, that crazy ass wants to turn me into a ballerina.



I just say "Thank goodness for my dance (as a child) and cheer experience!" Otherwise I would have been face planted tonight. Find your core, find your balance, kiss my ass. Yes, let's not do cardio so you are a hot sweaty gasping for air mess but instead let's move very s.l.o.w.l.y. and hold the postition while maintaining your balance and feeling the burn. Yes, I felt like there was a forest fire in my legs tonight. Stand on one foot while you hold your other leg here, stick your arms out and your other leg there, hold it for a minute, blah freaking blah Shaun T! Let's not even discuss the pulse. Just don't! Yes, I tried and I was shaking and this is what my legs felt like:



So enough of that nonsense of recovery while we make you sweat while feeling the burn but not making your heart beat out of your chest and your lungs feel like they don't exist.

I was told about a phone app to use as my food journal. I'm not sure I like it because it counts calories. Idon't want to to become obsessive with it. For those that know me they know I have a very addictive personality. It is called "Lose It" and it is pretty cool that you can just scan the bar code of whatever you are adding and it adds it for you. Easy enough! Speaking of eating, I just defeated the purpose of all my workouts this week by treating myself to chick-fil-a. The only crappy thing is that I ate after I worked out and I just wasn't feeling it all that much. Blah!

Still debating the Shakeology vs. Body by Vi shakes. Anyone with insight or suggestions, comments, likes, dislikes, anything, please comment to let me know what you think.

Oh...did I mention yet that I'm about 75% sold on this gravity fit class? The only downfall is that it is at 8am on Saturday. EIGHT AY EM! That is obsurd! Anyway, it is at the new gravity park. For those that don't know what that is, it is a huge play area with a ton of trampolines. I was talking to the Workout Queen tonight about it some more and she has the nerve to say "I think we are going to be very sore after it!" Yeah, ya think? I'm already freaking sore! It just sounds fun. I mean, who doesn't love trampolines? I will keep you updated if I do end up going to this nonsense of a class.

Ok, time to go tend to a sickly baby. Ok, so she's not a baby anymore, but she is my baby so back off! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment