Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Insanity Day 3 - battle of the front butt



Let me help you out with this one. The caption says: When you have to double check to see if you are as fat as people joke about.

There was a different picture I wanted to use today but I felt this one was perfect. Why you ask? Well let's start by just saying that I took my "before" pictures tonight. I'm just hoping that I am able to have "after" pictures to be able to compare it to. OK wait, let me rephrase that. I'm just hoping that my "after" pictures are a smaller, more fit me than what was taken tonight. I had my daughter take the pictures and I haven't looked at them yet. To be honest, I'm a little scared to see them. I took "before" pictures back in June of last year. You remember, when I first started running? Well needless to say, I didn't take any "after" pictures after that one. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that the "after" pictures would have been worse than the before pictures. I just remember when I saw the video of me crossing the finish line at the Chocolate Run and wondering how I didn't knock myself out with my boobs. No, this is NOT a good thing. However, that is neither here nor there.

Today I was sore all over. I had sore muscles that I'm pretty sure I haven't used these muscles in, well, ever. I wasn't sore to where I couldn't move, but just uncomfortable at times. My back, my calves, my quads...all of em. My abs even had a slight soreness. Which is funny because I didn't feel like I was using my core at all with last nights cardio polymetric some crap workout. Then we went for an afternoon walk. I'm going to say that it was around 2 miles. I should have put on my runtastic app but I didn't think we were going to walk for so long. I know that around the parking lot at work is slightly over a half mile. Then the other way we went was over the mile that we used to walk for our work wellness walks. By the time we were rounding back to the office my legs were tightening up and my knee was starting to hurt. Did I mention it was cold and windy outside? Yes, I felt like a popscicle. To the point that when we walked back into the office it felt like a sauna. YIKES! Did I mention that the walk was up and down hill? I'm sure it would have been a lot easier if it was just flat land. In a sense (as my walking buddy Bossy Buck <--that's my boss) it was most likely a good thing to walk to get my muscles moving to decrease some of the soreness. Yeah yeah...

Today I also decided that I was going to have this bright idea to start a food journal. Why on God's green earth would anyone want to do that? So as I was writing down what I indulged in yesterday I realized that I snack waaaaayyyyyyy too much! Even though it's not donuts, chocolate, or candy I'm sure it is still not good. Today was a cheer day and I didn't snack at all at work, surprisingly. Maybe one day I will start posting it here. I won't count calories because that is too OCD for me but I will keep track of what I eat. Granted tonight I went to Souper Salad for dinner. Yes, I still pigged out at the all-you-can-eat salad bar. I'm sure that could become unhealthy as well. Boy, I tell you what...this trying to lose weight and be healty crap is for the birds! I say that being healthy is overrated. HA!

So for tonight, I did survive day 3. I'm actually quite amazed because I think I did more of the video than I did last night. I'm not sure if it is because my children were working out with me tonight and I didn't want to seem like such a loser in front of them or if I was just that competitive that I had to try to do more than them. Either way I guess it was a win-win situation. It is funny working out witht them because they try to out-do each other. Then my daughter tries to be a motivator with me. "You're doing good Mom!" "Good Job Mom!" "You can do it Mom!" "Mom, take a rest, you look like a tomato (or something to that effect)." You know what sucks? When you are so freaking hot and sweaty then when you cool down you get the shivers because you realize that it is still winter and the house is cold! Yes, that sucks! You know what else sucks? The fact that I sat down on my recliner couch to power on my laptop so I can update the blog (my self motivator) and then have to get up to tend to the children or use the restroom and your legs are so sore that you are walking like you have a pole up your wazoo! Yes, I'm slightly dreading tomorrow because I'm sure it will be the point where I can't move and no longer just uncomfortable.

All in all, I think I still dislike this video. It is nice to see that the people in it also can't hack it and have to rest on their own and all that mess but still, they look great already so it is kind of like a wash. Still debating the whole beachbody coach thing. Still debating the whole shakeology vs body by vi thing. Still waiting to have lunch with Beautiful Betty, which has been pushed back to next week. And while texting with Running Regina today I decided that I just need to become rich so I can have my own personal trainer in my own personal gym and a personal chef to cook for me.



But since she burst my bubble of that I will just try to keep my eye on the prize!



Oh! I almost forgot. You may still be wondering about the title and the picture that I said was so perfect for tonight. Well tonight at dinner I was telling my mom about front butt. She hadn't ever heard about front butt. I was surprised because she is always talking about the fatasses she works with. So while stuffing my face with my spinach bed salad I was telling her about front butt she was laughing and rolling her eyes at me. Point being, I have the beginnings of front butt. I've said this since a few months ago and my office mates laughed at me and told me to basically STFU. HAHAHAHA! I'll spare you the front butt pictures for now. If you want to know just google it.

Time for me to call it a night and waddle my tail to the bed. Day 3 down, 57 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment