Monday, January 28, 2013

Earthquake!

Did you all feel that? I hear it hit about a 7 on the richter scale. Please stay alert for aftershocks.

Just kidding, I did the fit test for Insanity tonight. Needless to say I feel like I'm going to pass out after my head explodes. This is what I felt I looked like doing it:



Ok so let me explain. I had just about lost all hope on borrowing this video from Running Regina. You remember her don't you? I had asked her several times and she hesitated then offered P90 but that was on loan to another friend and that has yet to be returned. Wait, let's back up a couple more weekends. I was at a friends house for her birthday shin dig. We were talking about weight, being fat and weight loss. A friend invited me to join her, her husband and her sister in their own weight loss challenge. I kindly declined because, as I explained to them, I have the desire but no motivation. So instead I took the idea to those I see daily (for my own greed of me hoping for the daily motivation)to see if they would want to do this challenge with me. Basically we started today (weigh in) and whoever loses the most 1 month from today will be paid $1 per pound lost (by each other participant). So if we have 8 people, then 7 people will pay out $1 per each pound that the winner lost. If I lose 20lbs and that is the most out of everyone that is an easy $140 in my pocket.

SO fast foward to last night. I could not sleep for crap! When I saw the clock say 3:45am I knew I was doomed for today. I believe it was the anticipation and dread of having to weigh in today. I also was up til slightly after 1am texting with an old friend of mine who happens to be a beyond beautiful fitness model. I've asked her to help me with motivation and drive. We are gonig to see what will work for me since diet is a huge part of weight loss but I have about zero discipline when it comes to diet. I want my cake and I want to eat it too! I LIKE CAKE! Ok so that was more of an inside joke between Running Regina and I. Today I walk into work and immediately they were talking about me. Asking me if my ears were burning and nearly tackling me in the hallway. Ok so I was slightly late than what I normally arrive. Everyone else was also anticipating the weigh in. However, to my surprise Running Regina came through and is letting me borrow Insanity. Why did I ever want to do this? Aside from the fact that it helped her and she looks amazing in my eyes now. OH wait, back to last night. As you can see I'm slightly out of my mind. I blame the lack of oxygen from the Insanity Fit Test. So anyway, last night I was remembering how I was contacted by a beach body employee about plugging them. So I pulled up the email and then looked into becoming a coach. I know nothing about this. While I was there I remembered that over the weekend I had looked at purchasing Insanity for myself. Then I saw the Turbo Fire video. I was 98% sold and almost purchased it last night. After this Fit Test I'm beginning to thing that I might really like this Turbo Fire better. We shall see how far I get with this video. Even after last night I mentioned to Beautiful Betty how I don't care for home workout videos because I get bored and when I get bored, I get distracted. Can anyone say A.D.D.?

So here I sit writing again and in my mind thinking to myself about how I plan to blog each night I do this workout. I may even include some self pictures of my progress. We shall see about that one. I figure, like with running and training for the 5k's, if I blog it then skip a night I will feel guilty. Well I am going to cut this one short because my head really feels like it is going to explode and I must've been squinching my face (is squinching even a real word? It is now in my book.) while attempting to work out because it hurts too. No comments from the peanut gallery. I can just hear all you smart-asses right now. Yes, it hurts me too. blah blah blah

So stick around, this could be very interesting since I am not a fan of sweating, working out, running or anything that does not involve stuffing my face with food. Wish me luck! I want to win this money...all while becoming more fit and happy with my self image.

No comments:

Post a Comment