Monday, September 17, 2012

2 mile mornings - Weekly update

So by now I'm sure you all think this when I post the link to my blog updates:



But in any case, I thank you for taking the time to read my updates. Eventually I will even get back to a normal blog of my thoughts versus just my running/workout (or lack there of) updates. There are times that I want to blog then I think to myself and remember how I'm just doing my "Journey to 5k" udpates right now. After the Hot Chocolate Run I will update in any way that I please. Talk about a roller coaster yet to come.

So let's get to the last week. I could've sworn that I had updated more last week than I did. So since my last update I walked on Wednesday, then Thursday I had my best day yet when it comes to 2 mile mornings. Along with my best overall time for completing the 2 miles I also had my best time for the mile! I was completely stoked for the rest of this day. I couldn't be any more proud of myself. *pats self on back* I just need to work at shaving off another minute (30 seconds per mile) from my total time to be at my goal for the Hot Chocolate Run in less than 2 weeks. In discussing this with my "goodest" friend we decided that perhaps the weather was a big factor in this. With last week feeling like the beginning of winter instead of fall it didn't feel like we were running through the Sahara. I really enjoyed the cooler weather for running, although, I'm not sure I'd enjoy it to be much cooler. Friday I didn't log anything using my handy dandy phone app but if I remember correctly we did walk and it wasn't such a great time but we still walked (1.5 miles) none the less. Can I just stop here and gloat some more on my awesomeness from last Thursday? No? Ok, moving on...



So we remember the saying from above right? Well that is my motto for today (Monday). Basically, in comparing time from last Thursday I added 3 1/2 minutes to my overall time. I'm not even going to waste your time or my time with some lame excuses, but intsead tell you what happened. I was set and ready to go, walking to the end of the parking lot to warm up before I started the dreaded uphill run. Then my phone rang. I didn't recognize the phone number but I answered it anyway. It happened to be a Parent calling me regarding Cheer. Have I mentioned to you that I also coach cheer? Well this will be my 3rd year coaching and with that I often receive phone calls with numbers I don't recognize. Anyway, y'all almost let me go into a tangent. So I had a parent on my phone asking me questions and as much as I wanted to, I couldn't be rude and cut the phone call short. So I continued walking at a decent pace (in my mind) while answering the questions. By the time my phone call was finished I was already a quarter mile into my route. At this point I decided that I was just going to walk the first mile and try to make up some of the time on the 2nd mile which is all downhill. It's amazing how a small distraction could throw someone off so much. In the end I had a pretty good time for the 2nd mile but the first mile we just won't even discuss. Could I have done better regardless of the phone call? Yes! Should I have done better on that first mile regardless of the phone call? Yes. However, I did neither but I still went and that is all that matters right? Oh, have I mentioned the afternoon walks I try to go on at 3 times a week? (my non-cheer practice days) I did run my handy dandy phone app last week and found out that it is .64 miles around the parking lot which is the route that we talk for the afternoon walks. So some days I'm doing more than 2.5 miles altogether.

So this is all I have for you today. Until my next update...

No comments:

Post a Comment