Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tough Times without Social Networking

As you can see, I decided against the daily journal of my day from social networking. I have been wanting to sit down and write but my life has said otherwise.

This time has been very tough for me this year. Not because I can't check my Facebook account 100 times a day or because I can't read through my Twitter timeline every 15 minutes, but because life has truly thrown some obstacles in my direction and those are my easiest outlets. Instead I am having to remember what life was like before the internet, smart phones, etc. Whether it be a disturbing call from Afghanistan, child problems or just a rough day, I have to learn to deal with this like a real human being and either keep it to myself or actually talk to someone using my voice.

This morning I was told how I have missed out on so much because I haven't logged into Facebook. What a great reminder of how much we let people into our lives through the internet. Another friend mentioned to me a few weeks ago how much easier it is to just update a status on Facebook to let people know things than to actually make phone calls because she felt she didn't have the time to sit down and actually talk to people.

I will update more at a later time, perhaps when this gut wrenching feeling in my stomach goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment