Thursday, February 23, 2012

As my journey unfolds...

I was thinking yesterday about last year when I kept an actual daily journal then copied it here. I'm not so sure I will keep a journal like that this time but update when I deem necessary. The first day wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be without social networking. I think the hardest part for me was not being able to eat meat or chocolate. Sure there were times when I was tempted from my normal routine to log into facebook or check my twitter timeline but I figure if I was able to do it last year this year should be no problem.
I was reminded yesterday about my thoughts on the laziness of communication throughout my journey last year. A few days ago I saw something on Facebook that I believe was posted from pinterest but it said something to the extent of how the children today will never know the embarrassment of being caught while passing a note in class. It is very true. While the members of facebook and other social networking sites get younger and younger (I mean seriously, an 11 year old on Facebook and I've seen some even younger) the communication skills are lost. It's still bad enough that kids are walking about with phones and texting as soon as they can spell and that is even pushing it. Of course there are grown folks that can't spell properly. Anyway my point is, when was the last time you sat down and typed an actual email? This means using full words and proper grammar. When was the last time you sat down and actually used a pen and paper to write a letter? Perhaps this is why yesterday wasn't so bad for me. I have already accepted the fact that today's society is already lazy so why should I even bother?
Last night as I was emailing with a friend it was short emails but the grammar and spelling were there. That was a nice change to see because it seems that even at work (at least at my place of employment) adults have become so accustomed to using short text and horrible grammar. It makes me laugh because some people get offended if I correct their spelling or grammar. I especially love to catch certain people because they don't make those mistakes often. *coughMs.Parkercough* Of course when I make those mistakes they are quick to correct me as well. That is almost reassuring that there are some people today that care about skills we were taught as a child...ALMOST.
So while I could go on and on today about what the voices in my head are telling me I will spare you, the reader, of all the craziness. Let's see how today goes so wish me luck. ;)

C U L8R ALIG8R <---I crack myself up!

No comments:

Post a Comment